Dominican Republic Surfing:
Enjoy The Adrenaline Rush!
For many people, Dominican Republic surfing is the perfect way to
spend some time when visiting this destination, providing fun,
excitement of a unique adrenaline rush that comes from this type of
water activity. For those who love their water activities, surfing is
the ultimate in exciting, adrenaline pumping adventure—and what better
place to do it than in the beautiful, exotic and tropical surroundings
of the Caribbean!
There are a number of different areas that are perfect for surfing in the Dominican Republic and
if you are heading to this tropical paradise to enjoy the surf then you
should consider where you want to stay and whether there are good surf
sports nearby. When it comes to the Dominican Republic surfing is an
activity that many people engage in, choosing the perfect place to make
the most of this thrilling water activity.
Some tips about surfing in the Dominican Republic
you are eager to enjoy the wonderful surfing opportunities in the
Dominican Republic there are some valuable tips that can help you to
make the most of your trip by choosing the right Dominican Republic
surfing spots for your needs. Some things to bear in mind include:
- The best and the most consistent surf can be found in the North Coast of the Dominican Republic, with Encuentro, just outside of Cabarete, enjoying the most consistent breaks
of the people who come to the Dominican Republic to enjoy some surfing
are actually beginners who want to find the perfect place to learn and
practice. A good place for beginners is El Encuentro, which boasts shallow white waters that are ideal for learners
- If you are keen to find the perfect place to stay where you will have plenty of surfing opportunities close at hand, Cabarete is a very good choice and is an area where lots of surfers tend to stay so that they are close to all the facilities and surfing spots
- You can enjoy the facilities at the Swell Surf Hotel in Cabarete
if you want the ultimate surfing experience, as this is a purpose built
surf hotel that is built not only for surfers but also by surfers
- Puerto Plata in
the Dominican Republic boasts a number of great surf spots that are
easily accessible and uncrowded, which means a more satisfying surf
- The south coast of the island also has some surf spots but the surf here is not as consistent
- There is a surf camp called Calle Bahia in Encuentro.
This camp belongs to the hotel of the same name. The camp offers to
teach the basics of surfing for beginners which also includes getting to
know the sea with its ebb and flow.
- Worth having a look at is Calle Principal where
they offer a mini course in surfing, how to handle your equipment, how
to catch waves and a host of other things all for $40 a day. They also
provide a shuttle service from Cabarete to Encuentro for about five
Back To homepage From Dominican Republic Surfing